Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Break Part II

My Spring break consisted of two days in Chicago, five days at home, and two days in Atlanta. Chicago was awesome! Atlanta was awesome! The home part in between was really, really terrible.

When I got home on Sunday evening, my family had all come together to celebrate my birthday (over two weeks early). Patrick was home for Spring Break too though, and it was fun to have everyone home at the same time.

My birthday cake below.

Me: I'm not turning five.
Mom: I thought you were smart enough to figure it out. Look again.
Me: Ooooh. 2 pink candles and 3 blue candles... 23


No surprise, I was able to blow out all five candles at once!


Here starts the crappy part of my Spring Break. Feel free to fast forward.

On Monday morning, I woke up feeling miserable. Sore throat, cough, tired, just miserable.

Whiskers, our 17 year old cat, also woke up feeling miserable. He had been getting progressively sicker over the last few months, and on Monday morning, we knew he was not doing well. He was not eating. He was not drinking. He was not really doing much of anything. Later that day, we had him put to sleep.

It was a difficult time for our family, but it was nice that both Patrick and I were home to say goodbye.

Here are a couple of pictures of Whiskers.

Whiskers at Christmas!


Whiskers and Brownie, our two cats. They are from the same litter, believe it or not!


I spent the rest of the week in bed and ended up getting better in time for my trip to Atlanta on Friday.

I told you my week was depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment