Monday, February 21, 2011

Nu Province Meeting

I spent the last weekend at Nu Province Meeting in Nashville, TN. Every even year, Kappa holds its General Convention meeting in the summer, and every odd year they have smaller Province meetings around the country. Kappa is divided into 16 different provinces, and they are each holding a meeting this spring. Nu Province, where I was this weekend, includes Tennessee, North Carolina, and Kentucky.

Last week, I was at the University of Tennessee. At the end of the week, I drove with them to Nashville for this province meeting. After the meeting was over, I traveled to University of Kentucky with some of their chapter members who had been in attendance. Pretty clever, huh?

Province Meetings are quick, but eventful. Friday night, all 70+ registrants went to the Vanderbilt University KKG house for dinner and a philanthropy activity. Saturday was the busy day though, with meetings, four educational programs, and the banquet/awards ceremony. During the afternoon, I gave two different presentations, "Kappa Values," and "Getting the Most out of Your Kappa Experience." The first presentation was one that the entire Field Representatives team wrote and is working on sharing with chapters around the country. The second presentation was one that I put together last minute, but ended up being very successful.

The banquet on Saturday night is the highlight of the weekend though. We all sat down to enjoy a delicious dinner, listen to a beautiful and inspiring speech from a previous Loyalty Award winner (the highest honor a Kappa can receive), then celebrate the achievements of the chapters and alumnae associations in Nu Province.

Every chapter did very well, each winning at least one award, but I was very proud of the Epsilon Lambda (Tennessee) and Beta Chi (Kentucky) women since these are the two chapters I have the opportunity to visit.

Epsilon Lambda won awards for Risk Management and Most Improved. Here I am, pictured with the Tennessee chapter women.


Beta Chi won awards for Heritage and Most Outstanding Overall. Here's a picture of the group of us!


Here are two more pictures from the evening:

The first is me with Melissa, a previous Leadership Consultant and current Chapter Consultant


Here is a group of me with some of the "top dogs" in Kappa, (from left to right) Region III Director of Chapters, Nu West Province Director of Chapters, Fraternity President, Nu East Province Director of Chapters, and Melissa, the LC/CC.


This week I am the University of Kentucky, and so far, I am enjoying it very much! This morning I got to sleep in until 9 AM, which was much needed after this busy weekend!

1 comment: