Thursday, February 17, 2011

Ok, Ok I Need to Blog: Part One

Wow, this is embarrassing! It has been over a month since my last blog post. I have no idea where the time has flown or why I've been so busy!! Not only have I been a terrible blogger, but I've been a terrible communicator with friends and family overall. What I have been though, is a good LC. That has to count for something, right?

This semester started off with two crazy recruitment visits to Virginia Tech and Rollins College. I love recruitment, but everyone who has been through sorority recruitment can attest to how exhausting it can be! After these two visits, I realized just how "behind" I was with paperwork and correspondence for my job. I use the word "behind" loosely though. I never actually came close to missing a deadline, but it bothers me to let the work build up. Unfortunately, blogging never trumps paperwork.

My next visit was to the University of Florida. Here are two pictures of the Kappa Kappa Gamma house at UF!


I really enjoyed getting to know the chapter women, and as you might imagine, spending two weeks in Florida was also particularly pleasant in the month of January. I'll kick myself for it now, but while I was at UF, I found myself commiserating with the women about how "cold" it was...yeah 55 degrees is pretty painful. Two weeks in Florida made my blood thin!

After my weekend in Florida, I flew up to Boston, MA for the weekend, and dang was it cold! (I take back all comments about the chilly Florida weather.) Boston was so much fun! I stayed with Michelle, a previous LC, for the weekend and got to meet up with two other LC's, Kristen and Stephanie, who were in town for the weekend too. The most embarrassing thing though, is that none of the three of us had planned the weekend together!

On Friday night, Kristen, Michelle, and I went out to dinner near Fenway. Here's a picture of the three of us!


Then Stephanie and her boy joined us for a few drinks later that night. Seeing familiar faces on the road is always my favorite!


Saturday, Michelle and I spent the day on the slopes at Waterville Valley Ski Resort in New Hampshire.



Michelle's company had free lift passes (score!), so we made the two hour trek for a fun day on the mountain. I looooove skiing and haven't had the chance to go this year! Because of my travel, I obviously don't have room in my suitcase for ski gear on top of everything else. Michelle somehow was able to come together with an array of ski attire, but I was missing one item...ski goggles.

All in all, my outfit wasn't too bad. Things didn't match very well, but I had enough gear to keep me warm. BUT wearing sunglasses in place of goggles, I looked like a novice. When we went to rent skis, the guy working was very skeptical of my skiing ability. He looked at my form, where I had checked Type III skier, then looked at me, then looked back at the form.

Guy at the counter: "You realize Type III means expert?"
Me: "Well, yea, I'm a pretty good skier."
Guy at the counter, who is judging my mismatched attire and sunglasses: "Are you sure?"
Me: "Yes, really."
Guy, still skeptical: "You ski out here often?"
Me: "No, this is my first time. I usually ski out West."
Guy, still skeptical: "Fine, what length ski do you want?"
Me (Thinking: oh sh*t!): "Um....one fifty....three?"
Guy: "Yea, alright"

Whew! Why the grand inquisition?!

I was happy to finally get my gear and get on the slopes! Here's a picture of Michelle and I on top of the mountain.


The guy at the counter would be happy to know that I indeed skied very well that day, tackling all of the black diamonds and not falling once.

My lunch date is here! To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment