Saturday, August 7, 2010

Columbus, OH: The Beginning

While I was in Oklahoma, I had trouble with connecting to the internet, and thus uploading any blog posts. I had intentions of posting a few more posts that week, but never did because of the internet issues. So I'm going to post them now, but I'm going to back-date them, so they still fit in chronological order.

On the last day of Training School, a group of us took a walk around Columbus, OH. I got a chance to take a few pictures and I want to share them!

First, here is our HeadQuarters building. Although it doesn't look like more than a historic home (which it is), it goes back forever and ever. Additions have been put on the back of the house in order to accomodate all of the HeadQuarters staff. The front part of the house is actually a museum on the historic registry. The front parlor has great information about our founders and the early days of Kappa Kappa Gamma. The second and third floors are all sleeping quarters, where we stay during our visits!



Here is the riverfront walk!


I have no idea what this building is...just some beautiful architecture!


Capital Building downtown!


Here are the gardens in the park just across the street from our Headquarters building.


They also have hedges shaped like people. Look closely!

No comments:

Post a Comment