Monday, August 2, 2010

And the Training Begins...

Yesterday I flew into Columbus, Ohio for the beginning of my career as Leadership Consultant. After spending a wonderful weekend in Chicago, I met up with my sisters Kristen and Molly to fly together from Midway airport. Since we were flying Southwest and had diligently checked into our flights 24 hours in advance (I am not the best at remembering to do so, and have previously found myself wedged next to many a fat man), the three of us got to sit together in a row.

Our first evening was great. Our group of three was the first to arrive, so we had some time to settle in before the excitement began. We are being lodged at our HeadQuarters, with all eight of us LC's divided between two bedrooms on the third floor. One room holds three girls, and the other five. I was lucky enough to be lodged in the room of five, where are beds are nestled veeery comfortably together. The physical proximity of our sleeping arrangement can only increase our already strong friendships, right? Of course!

As soon as everyone arrived, we headed to downtown Columbus to eat at a local brewery and restaurant. Although we didn't get to try any beer, we did get large and delicious portions of food! It was already great to start catching up on our adventures since Convention in June. The rest of the night was pretty relaxed, and we all went to bed pretty early!

At 6:30 AM, alarms started chiming around the room, as all five of us had decided we needed a morning jog before kicking off the workday. Not having a summer job has led me to keep "Sarah hours" which consist of really whatever I want--usually bed by 1 AM, wake up at 10 AM and taking an afternoon nap whenever I so choose. This "schedule" thing is going to be hard for a few days (or weeks?), but ultimately good for me.

After showering and getting ready, we ate a great breakfast, and took pictures in front of the house.



The rest of the day has been a whirlwind, and I can't believe how much we have learned already. Thank goodness our new boss Mary is a very visual learner, and we have had a lot of interactive discussions and programs. She even gave us Silly Bands!

For the older generations who may not know what Silly Bands are, they are the new fad among grade schoolers, although many older "children" have fallen into their spell as well. They are rubbery bracelets, but when you take them off, they are actually formed into different shapes. Mary got us different categories based on our interests, therefore I am wearing "body parts" since I'll eventually be the doctor of the group. Haha. My biggest excitement about these silly bracelets comes from the fact that I would have never purchased them for myself. And its good to bring out the kid inside of me too :)

Can't wait to see how the next few days go!

No comments:

Post a Comment