Monday, July 26, 2010

Brat Pack Reunion '10

Brat Pack (bræt pæk) noun: A group of five high school best friends from Washington, Illinois. We are Sarah, Sarah, Tara, Bree, and Kayleigh. Aka Rosie, Black, Tadams, Brezy, and LAKEMONSTER, respectively.

5 years ago, we officially became the Brat Pack. I'm not sure exactly how it happened, but the group of us were jamming along with Rocket Summer's song, "Brat Pack," and it seemed to describe our lives perfectly. If you haven't heard it, I suggest you YouTube it right now. Everyone loves it because it's so catchy.

This past weekend was our Brat Pack Reunion for the summer. Unfortunately (or fortunately) we all graduated from college this past May (except Bree who is in a 6 yr pharmacy program) and are about to embark on many different adventures. It's sad to think we're starting to have trouble finding a time the five of us can get together, but I guess we're just growing up.

As if I'm not about to do enough travel in the next year, I joined the rest of the Brat Pack in Heritage Lake, Indiana at Tara's Aunt and Uncle's lakehouse. They were wonderful hosts and the five of us had a great time. We ate and drank too much, slept too little, tubed, tanned, and got frightened by the LAKEMONSTER.

Tubing was so much fun and when we got bored with regular tubing, we tubed on our knees. Here I am demonstrating my new skills.



...And then we tubed on the two man tube. Near the end of the trip, the rope was detached so it wouldn't get caught in the propeller. Bree and I had to doggie-paddle back to the dock. We were surprisingly successful, I might add.


After it was all said and done, we had our picture taken. Please don't look too closely, as none us us had showered, combed our hair, or done absolutely anything to make ourselves presentable.



This weekend was the perfect first and last get together for the five of us this summer. I'm going to miss these girls dearly next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment