Thursday, July 22, 2010

Let the Packing Commence

This morning when I woke up, I had two packages waiting on my doorstep, containing the travel accessories I ordered earlier in the week. Patience has never been my strong suit, and thus I decided to start packing (a week in advance). My logic: I'm not doing anything better with my time and its not like I'm running around in business casual clothes right now anyway. Heck, I'm lucky if I make it out of Soffe shorts and a sports bra these days.

After a day of laundry and organizing, I can happily say I'm done with the first stage of packing. Everything I need can fit into my large suitcase, but definitely not within 50 lbs. This afternoon, Dave told me he gets to travel with 70 lbs. of luggage since he's in the military. Wow. This is the first time I've seriously considered enlisting.

In the next few days, I need to work on rearranging and maybe reducing. I'm going to pack a few outfits into my carry-on in the event that my luggage gets lost. (My biggest fear for next year!) I also plan on packing my heaviest items in there (travel iron, shoes, hairdryer, stationary, electronics) so I can stay under all of the weight limits! Unless of course I join the military before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment