Saturday, July 31, 2010

Just a Small Town Girl

Yesterday afternoon, my parents drove me down to the Peoria bus station, so I could catch a bus up to Chicago. My job officially starts on Sunday, but I wanted to spend some time visiting college friends one last time before I leave! The Peoria bus station is interesting/sketchy/dynamic. Surrounding me at the bus station were folks completely unlike myself. I was wearing one of my favorite Express dresses, lugging two black suitcases adorned with pink accessories (luggage tags, locks, and braided yarn for extra identification), and carrying my leather briefcase. Everyone else? Let's just say I question the last time any of them showered.

The bus was a few minutes late, but we loaded pretty quickly. I hugged my parents goodbye and boarded the bus. Goodbye Peoria.

Within 5 minutes, we were on the Interstate and driving through cornfields. This is pretty typical highway scenery for central Illinois, but as I sat on the bus, I could feel the anticipation of bus-riders surrounding me as we headed towards the "Big City".

Almost 5 hours later, we finally pulled into O'Hare Airport and I caught the El into the city. I'm glad to be here, and I can't wait to see all of my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment