Monday, November 8, 2010

I'm Back! My week at University of Iowa

After successfully completing my paperwork from last week’s visit, I am ready to return from my three week hiatus. I am a little disappointed in myself for the lack of blogging that has transpired. I have no idea where my brain has been. I have even been terrible about taking pictures. Fortunately, I have spent some weekends with people who have picked up some of the picture-taking slack for me.

And with that disclaimer, I dedicate these next few posts to Erica Goven and Dave Minnick, two of my close friends and blog-followers who are in law school and graduate school, respectively. It is because of their formal complaints that I was pushed to start blogging again ASAP.

Three weeks ago I visited the Beta Zeta chapter at the University of Iowa. This visit had not originally been on my schedule, but this was one change I was pretty excited about. First of all, I love getting back to the Midwest. Although I have enjoyed traveling around the country this year, there is something about Midwestern people that I just love. Maybe it is their wholesome and humble personalities. Or maybe it is because they actually eat steak. (The West Coast freaks me out a little). Also, one of my best friends, Courtney, is doing a year of pre-dental requirements a University of Iowa this year and living in Iowa City, and I was excited to see her the following weekend!

My week at University of Iowa was very relaxing. I have come to learn that there is one thing that dramatically changes my schedule for the week— meals with officers vs. meals with regular chapter members. When all of my meals are scheduled with officers, it is a two-for-one deal. I have to eat three meals, so when I have them in conjunction with my officer meetings, there are less meetings that must happen. When my meals are scheduled with regular chapter members, I still have to have 18 officer meetings outside of those. There are pros and cons to each method, but at Iowa all of my meals were scheduled with officers, so I had a lot of free time. It was the perfect week for catching up, and it was the last time I've been completely caught up until now.

Unfortunately, I didn’t think to take many pictures while I was there. I did get two of the outside of their house.



No comments:

Post a Comment